Sunday, December 16, 2012

32 Weeks and Counting...

Well, I am officially in my eighth month of pregnancy! I cant even begin to tell you how I feel like time has flown by! We went to the Dr this past week and had an ultrasound. My belly has been measuring about three weeks ahead the last couple of times I have gone to the doctor so she wanted to do an ultrasound at this appointment to take measurements of the baby. I am happy to report that all is well, but she is a little on the bigger side. She is measuring in the 68th percentile at 4lbs and 11oz. My babycenter update said that the baby should be around 3lbs and .75 oz at this point. I know that every baby is different, but there is over a pound of difference. The doctor said that if she continues to gain at a "normal" rate for the last trimester (0.5lb/wk) she could be close to 9lbs!!! Lord help me! :)  I also measured on the high-normal side of amniotic fluid which also might account for the bigger size. Regardless, I am happy that the baby is doing well and all is good at this point. I still feel really good and dont have any swelling. My weight has stayed the exact same for the past 3+ months and my blood pressure was still really good at 106/78! They measured the baby's heartbeat at 150bpm too (which is strong according to them). This past week, I have also started to feel the babys movements A LOT more. Before, I would feel kicks/punches, but now I can feel her whole body move around. I can even feel her little bottom and spine occasionally. Brandon even got to see her move completely across my belly! He thought that was pretty cool. It is a very surreal site and feeling that is hard to explain. I am still in complete awe at this whole process and how God makes this even possible! I guess thats all for now...I go back to the doctor in two weeks and have another ultrasound for more measurements! I think if she is still measuring big that we will begin talks about induction, c-section, and other options just to get everything out on the table. I honestly dont care how I deliver...I just want her to be safe and healthy! I will update more later!


No comments:

Post a Comment