Friday, April 5, 2013

Shots and stats

We had Sloan's 2 month well visit today which means she got her first series of shots! She ended up getting two injections (which were combos) and one oral solution! She hated it all!! They gave her the oral medication first and then the shots. It was just so pitiful because right after they gave her the shots, I scooped he up in my arms and she was limp but screaming bloody murder. It just felt like she was defeated because other than being dead asleep, she's never been that still in my arms. After what seemed like minutes (but was actually seconds) she started to wiggle around and start to calm down. I went ahead and nursed her right there to help calm her down. Of course when we got home she was very sleepy, but would wake up and scream. After a few hours I noticed that her leg was swollen, red, and hot to the touch. I figured this is why she was waking herself up and crying. I decided to go ahead and give her some Tylenol to help with the pain and call the NP to double check about the swelling. All was well and she said that it was all a common occurrence with shots and it should go down within 24 hours (which it did). Overall, she did really well with the vaccines and once she got the Tylenol, she was all better. 

Weight: 11lbs 6oz
Height: 22.5in
Head Circumference: 39cm




No comments:

Post a Comment