She is finally here!!!! Our sweet little angel decided to come and meet us on Sunday, 2-3-13 at 8:12am! She was 7lbs 13oz and 20 1/2 inches long! Her apgar score were 9's and she came out screaming! It was such a sweet sound. Brandon was there with me the whole time and was so supportive during the whole process and especially while I was pushing.
I ended up working through Friday and my water broke on Saturday night around 7pm. I had already taken a shower and dried my hair, so while I was waiting for the doctor to call me back I decided to curl my hair and put my make up on! I know...I'm vain! Brandon and I were actually pretty calm and more excited than anything throughout the whole process. By the time the on call doctor called me back, it was about 8pm. He told us to go ahead and go to the hospital when we were ready and he would see us there later. Brandon and I finished packing our last minute items, put the dogs up, and started calling our families to tell them we were heading to the hospital.
Once we got there, we were able to go straight up to labor and delivery after checking in through the ER because I had already filled out all the paperwork ahead of time. Once I got up there, they gave me my gown and started the admission process. I got my IV and my antibiotics were started. My nurse told me that I could help progress the labor if I got up and walked, so Brandon and I walked the Labor and Delivery halls for about 30 minutes before going back to my room. Apparently, I was the only L&D patient there that night, so we had everything to ourselves. Around 11pm we decided to go ahead and have the anesthesiologist come and give me my epidural before he went home for the night. This way, I could still be comfortable and not have to wait for him to come in from home and be miserable waiting. Let me tell you, epidurals are GREAT!! The worst I felt were maybe like light menstrual cramps. After I got the epidural, my legs went numb and I couldnt feel anything but slight waves of pressure (but that was closer to delivery time). They decided to go ahead and start the pitocin too to help move my labor along around 11:30pm.
The nurse came in and checked me about every 2 and a half hours throughout the night. Brandon stayed on a pull out bed in the corner of the room and was able to get a little sleep, but I was too excited and nervous to sleep so I just rested throughout the night. Shortly after 7am, I was ready to push. The nurse had me do a quick series of 3 "test" pushes to see how I did before calling the doctor. Apparently they were good enough because next thing I know...its showtime! The doctor comes in, the nursery staff comes in, and everyone starts getting all the equipment ready. Brandon is by my side as they tell me I should begin pushing with each contraction.
I started pushing close to 7:30am and by 8:12am, she was here! It all happened so quickly it was hard to believe. It was also a lot less painful and worrisome than I expected. Everyone was so calm and supportive. It really made my birthing experience a good one.
We have arrived at the ER
I started pushing close to 7:30am and by 8:12am, she was here! It all happened so quickly it was hard to believe. It was also a lot less painful and worrisome than I expected. Everyone was so calm and supportive. It really made my birthing experience a good one.
About to leave for the hospital...one more belly pic
Filling out admission paperwork...fun
Walking the halls
Our last pic as a family of two...
Cant sleep...ab to start pushing!
Here she is...7lbs 13oz
Daddy's first time holding her
First pic as family of three...
No comments:
Post a Comment