Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Princess and the Pea...

Sloan is now one week new! This past week has been exhausting to say the least, but rewarding at the same time.  We have now been home from the hospital almost 4 and a half days. We are still finger feeding her formula every now and then to supplement my milk (it finally came in the day we left the hospital) and they are still checking her bilirubin to make sure she doesn't need to go back for more phototherapy! We have had to get her blood checked everyday since leaving the hospital. We had to go to the pediatricians office on Thursday and Friday, as well as, the Emergency Room on Saturday (since the pediatricians office isn't open). They said that they will check her levels one more time tomorrow (Monday), but they seem to think that she is doing fine and won't need anymore treatment. Fingers crossed!!!! Meeting the dogs on Wednesday actually went really well and they are still a little unsure about her. Maggie seems to be her protector and wants to be where she is or where I am at all times. Ellie pretty much ignores her and moves from where she is. It is funny to see the dynamic between them. Overall, I think they will be fine with her and just need a little bit of time to figure out what she's doing in "their" house!
This little girl does have a set of lungs on her too! She is still very fussy, but not unnecessarily. I think she is just sensitive and every little thing bothers her. You can typically figure out what she needs and fix it, but it seems that if it's not one thing, it's something else! I call her "princess" like the princess and the pea! She can have the tiniest bit of pee in her diaper and just start screaming to be changed. Brandon tries to help but also feels very helpless at times because he just wants to fix it. He hates to see her cry! 
Brandon has been a huge help taking care of the dogs so that I can focus on Sloan. He has also been super supportive of me and the whole breastfeeding process! I could not ask for a better husband! 
Brandon's Mom and Dad came in early Sunday morning (when she was born) and left that Monday right before my Mom got here. They helped us out so much with the dogs while we were still in the hospital and brought us food. The rest of the week, my Mom has been here with us. She has been a tremendous help to me and has helped reassure and guide me through this process. It is always nice just to run things by someone who has done it before! She has also taken Sloan in the early mornings after I nurse her so that I can get a little bit of sleep before doing it all over again. That has been a great help since that is usually the only sleep that I am getting. Sloan seems to be a night owl and doesn't sleep too much between feedings early in the night. Mom has also helped us unpack and organize some of the last few boxes of stuff that we hadn't unpacked from the move! I will be so sad when she leaves! Below are some pictures from our days at home this first week! 

A little blurry, but had to post the smile!



This says "just born" but she's a week old here




 Hanging out with "Bossy"

I love her hair






Weight: 7lbs 7oz
Head Circumference: 33cm

No comments:

Post a Comment