Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend 2012

Sooo, rewind a few weeks back to Memorial Day weekend! On that actual day (Monday) we found out I was pregnant!! Needless to say, Memorial Day will always be memorable for us. This year we decided to make the trip to Gerton, NC (right outside Asheville) to meet some friends at a mountain house for a little R&R! We packed up the dogs and even took them with us. We met 3 of our friends from college who also brought 2 dogs. We all live in different cities now, so the time we do get to spend together is really special.
I was the only girl there, so there was a lot of male bonding! They all did a great job at keeping me entertained and included though. I ended up trying to stay up late and hang with the guys, but each night I found myself retiring early and never really drinking a lot like they all were. It felt as if I could fall asleep anywhere at anytime which is not like me. I was also suffering from acid reflux even when I hadn't eaten which was new to me too. I didn't really think anything of it until the drive home and figured that I would take a pregnancy test when we got back. Since Brandon and I had been trying, I thought it might be a possibility, but I wasn't due for my period for a few more days. I decided to run to the drug store and get a test anyway. I didnt even tell Brandon what I was doing. It must have been a shock to him when I came out of the bathroom with what looked like a positive pregnancy test!!! It was soooo surreal!!! I couldn't believe it!! I ended up taking another test a few hours later and even another one the next morning!! Brandon thinks I'm crazy because I took 6 total! I know, your thinking I'm psycho! Anyway, I was so excited I had a hard time sleeping that night (even though I was exhausted)!
On Tuesday, I called my OBGYN and told her that I had taken three home pregnancy tests and they were all positive! She said that was probably accurate even though I hadn't missed a period yet and wanted to go ahead and schedule my first prenatal visit! Unfortunately, I was sooo early, that it seemed like forever before I actually saw my doctor to confirm. Since we were heading on boating vacation in about a week and a half, Brandon and I had to now focus on that and how we were gonna tell our families (more posts to come about that)!
Below are some pictures from Memorial Day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment